Five Stylish Sheepskin Accessories for Winter
It’s easy to throw fashion sense to the wind when it’s cold and gloomy outside, but just because there’s a chill in the air doesn’t mean you have to hibernate under the covers all winter long, nor do you have to sacrifice style to keep warm when you do decide to venture outside the house. The great thing about cold weather is that it gives you the opportunity to experiment with layers, colors and prints, turning just a few everyday pieces and some carefully selected accessories into days of warm, stylish outfits. So in the spirit of making a wintertime style statement, we have compiled a list of the top five sheepskin accessories that will make you look and feel great during the upcoming winter season.
1. The Sheepskin Boot – A quality pair of sheepskin boots should be a part of everyone’s winter wardrobe; one, because they will keep you exceptionally warm in even the coldest weather, and two, because they can help expand your clothing options. For example, if you’re just dying to wear your favorite skirt and a pair of tights, but you woke up to a cold frost, pair the outfit with a high Minnetonka sheepskin boot and it won’t matter how chilly it is outside. Or, if you’re planning to stay around the house, try out a pair of luxurious shearling slippers and your toasty feet will thank you!
2. The Sheepskin Coat or Jacket – If you want to don a dressy outfit in winter and sheepskin boots aren’t an option, consider trading out your flimsy trench coat for a long shearling coat or jacket that is just as stylish and will keep you even warmer. There are a variety of style options when it comes to sheepskin jackets, including the Ladies Classic Sheepskin Coat and the Ladies Cattleman Sheepskin Coat, both of which hit below the hips and are appropriate for a casual evening or a night out on the town.
3. The Shearling Hat or Earband – When the weather outside is frightful, a beautiful, cozy sheepskin hat or earband is a delightful addition to any outfit. If you’re out running errands or picking the kids up from school, our Ladies Sheepskin Aviator Hat is the perfect solution for a chilly winter day. The classic design of the shearling bomber hat is timeless, and extra details like the Velcro chin strap help keep the heat in and the cold out. For outings that require dressier attire, check out our Ladies Sheepskin Earband, a more subtle, fashionable accessory guaranteed to keep your ears toasty warm.
4. Sheepskin Mittens or Designer Gloves – Nothing keeps your hands warmer in winter than a pair of authentic sheepskin mittens, made with soft wool on the inside and durable suede on the outside that blocks the chilly wind. For a more trendy and practical option, try our designer sheepskin gloves, available in a variety of colors to match virtually any outfit. These simple but sleek driving gloves are made from authentic sheepskin, so they are guaranteed to be exceptionally warm, comfortable and stylish, whether you’re going for a drive or talking a walk around town.
5. The Shearling Vest – Before the snow really starts to fall, you might be able to get away with just a sheepskin vest, which is custom-made to order and is guaranteed to be a perfect fit. The shearling vest is a versatile garment that can be worn year-round regardless of the weather, keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. With shawl collars, slim feminine lines and genuine antler toggle closures, both our Ladies Silverheels and Ladies Wrangler Shearling Vests are stylish outerwear options for winter.