5 Reasons You Should Choose Genuine Sheepskin Over Synthetic
April 29, 2015
Some people love the look of sheepskin, but opt for a knock-off version or imitation sheepskin because it’s cheaper. That’s all well and good, but it’s important to understand that there is a big difference between genuine sheepskin and imitation sheepskin, especially when it comes to the quality and durability of the garment you’re purchasing. Here at The Sheepherder, all of our shearling products are made by hand using only the highest-quality sheepskin, which guarantees that our customers receive a beautiful shearling garment that, with the right care, they can enjoy for years to come. The following are the top five reasons you should choose authentic sheepskin over synthetic.
- Quality – There is a difference between designer jeans and jeans you buy at Walmart, just like there is a difference between authentic sheepskin and imitation sheepskin. Sure, you can find shearling products for less at a third-party retailer or big box store, but in this case, it’s likely that the price reflects the quality of the product. Those cheaper sheepskin slippers you found online were probably made using synthetic shearling, or perhaps they didn’t meet the quality control standards applied to each and every one of our sheepskin products, and are thus being sold at a lower price. Either way, the quality just isn’t there.
- Made in the USA – All of our sheepskin coats, slippers and home goods are handmade right here in the United States, which means you know exactly what you are getting when you place an order with The Sheepherder. Our shop is located in the historic town of Alma, Colorado, and is locally owned and operated by Diane Blessing, who has more than 30 years of experience creating custom sheepskin garments. Each and every item we have for sale, both in the shop and online, is handcrafted by Diane herself, using sheepskins from the finest tanneries in the United States.
- Function – Sure a pair of synthetic sheepskin slippers may look cute, but without the benefits of a genuine shearling construction, that’s about all they’ll do. Authentic sheepskin is a natural material with hollow fibers that allow your skin to breathe and that wick away moisture from the body, which means genuine shearling slippers will keep your feet toasty warm during those cold winter months and nice and cool during the hot summer months, for easy year-round wear.
- Handmade to Order – One of the most important benefits of ordering a handcrafted sheepskin garment from The Sheepherder is that all of our products are custom made to order. That means your beautiful shearling coat or deerskin vest will be created based on your specific measurements for a guaranteed great fit. Also, because our shearling garments are handcrafted by a professional from authentic sheepskin hides, they are some of the most beautiful and durable shearling products available.
5. Customer Service – We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. Customer service is our top priority, and we love keeping our customers happy. All of our sheepskin products are guaranteed for a full year for workmanship and materials, and they are further guaranteed for fit, since each order is accompanied by a custom fitting sheet detailing the proper measurements for each individual customer. Order your handcrafted sheepskin garment today and your satisfaction is guaranteed!